Sometimes, I am craving something decadent fast. Sometimes, I don't want to slave over a stove or do a whole lot of chopping. Thanks to some ingredients I had on-hand, I was able to whip up these creamy, crunchy crab pizzas with just 5 ingredients in under 20 minutes!
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 wheat pita breads or flatbreads (about 7 inches in diameter)
1 cup of alfredo sauce
2 roasted red bell peppers
1 cup of lump crab meat
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Spread a couple tablespoons of alfredo sauce on each of the pitas.
3. Chop the bell peppers, and divide them evenly among the pitas. They don't have to be perfect; they're going to be covered in cheese.
4. Evenly distribute the crab onto the pitas.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the bell peppers and crab.
6. Bake the pizzas in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let the pizzas sit for a few minutes before slicing them up and serving. Enjoy!
Note: I realize that crab is expensive, so if you don't have crab on hand, feel free to substitute grilled chicken or even bacon.