Sunday Brunch Special: Peanut Butter Waffles with Bananas and Honey
Yesterday, at the St. Patrick's Day parade, I was talking to some people, and the topic of wedding registries came up. One couple had put a waffle maker on their registry, which made me think of the last time I used my waffle maker. I've had it for about a year, and I think I have used it 3 times. Seeing how much my husband loves waffles, I decided to dust my waffle maker off this morning and come up with a recipe that incorporates some of his favorite flavors. Since football season is over, food is pretty much the only way I can persuade him to get up before noon on a Sunday. Thus, these peanut butter waffles were born. (This recipe serves 2)
Here's what you will need:
1.5 cups of waffle mix
4 tablespoons of peanut butter
0.5 cups of milk
2 medium bananas
0.25 cups of honey, for drizzling
Cutting board and knife, for the bananas
Here's how you make them:
1. Turn on your waffle maker so it's nice and hot.
2. Combine the waffle mix, peanut butter, and milk in the large bowl. Add the egg last to make sure that it is thoroughly mixed in.
3. Use a measuring cup to measure the waffle mix into the waffle maker. This batter is a little thicker than most waffle batters, which makes it easier to measure. It does puff up quite a bit when cooking, so try not to over-fill the waffle maker.
4. While the waffles are cooking, slice the bananas.
5. When the waffles are done (the cooking time is dependent on your particular waffle maker), top them with the bananas and honey. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is really versatile, and you can add all sorts of toppings like mini chocolate chips with whipped cream, fruit preserves, or nutella.